The Alliance Française of Taiwan (AFTW)
A little bit of history…
The Alliance Française of Taipei was founded in 1984, and was originally situated on the Shida University campus. It is now situated on the Taida University Campus, in Gongguan.
The Alliance Française of Kaohsiung was founded in 1986, and was originally situated on the Sun Yat-Sen University campus. It is now situated in the building of the Dah-Yung high school.
The Alliances of Taipei and Kaohsiung merged in 2009, and are now one single alliance: the Alliance Française of Taiwan, with one center in Taipei, and one in Kaohsiung.
The Alliance Française of Taiwan celebrated its 30th birthday in 2014. On this occasion, a book retracing its story was published, and a video clip presenting the Alliance Française was edited.
You can consult the PDF version of the 30th anniversary book by clicking here.
You can view the 30th anniversary video clip by clicking here
Who we are
Administered by a Board composed of local distinctive people, the Alliance Française of Taiwan is a Taiwanese law non-profit association.
As a member of the Alliance Française network and the French cultural network, our main missions are:
- Promoting French language
- Promoting French culture
- Promoting cultural exchanges between France and Taiwan
- Promoting cultural collaborations between the Alliance française of Taiwan and our local partners
In order to carry out its missions, the Alliance Française of Taiwan offers:
- A variety of high quality French language courses through communicational and action-based approaches
- Official French language diplomas and tests awarded by the French Ministry of National Education
- Continuing training and certifications for French language teachers
- Advice and help for language stays in different cities in France, with French language courses at the local Alliance Française
- A Media library free of access to anyone
- Cultural activities and events (shows, films, meet-up discussions, concerts and exhibitions)