Important : this course is taught in Chinese Mandarin
Students will explore the essential techniques to select, taste, collect, identify, and preserve wine through experimentation.
– For students from 18 years old.
– 20 people maximum. (minimum: 15 students)
– 24 hours, including a meal (final class).
– 8 classes from 20 April to 15 June (Saturdays) from 14:00~17:00
– Last course: a French meal at a French restaurant with French wines!
– Course location: Alliance française de Taiwan (107, Section 4, Roosevelt Road, Taipei).
Cost of the course: 20,000 NTD, including: pedagogic material, two wine glasses, wine materials, one French dinner and wines.
Special offer: If you register jointly with “French Cheese Tour" , get a discount of 1,000NTD.
Oenology course content:
– 4/20: Introduction to Wine Tasting Tips: Proper bottle opening, pouring techniques, formal grip of wine glasses. Feel the aroma and depth of the wine. – 4/27: What is the proper wine tasting environment? Introduction of the concept of the smell and characteristics of red wine. – 5/4: The role of the eyes, ears, nose, tongue and other senses in wine tasting. The temperature of the wine; how to adjust the temperature of the wine. – 5/11: Rejuvenate; storage environment for red wine; finishing of wine cellar. The diversity of French grape varieties; an introduction to the winemaking process. – 5/18: Introduction to the Administrative Rules for French Red Wine Labels. How to understand the French wine labels. – 5/25: How to understand the French wine label (below). A special introduction to champagne and other types of sparkling wine. – 6/1: How to collect old wines; where do you taste red wine in France? Red wine from the perspective of investment or social status. As a wine-lover, analyze a bottle of red wine. – 6/15: Introduction to the pairing of wine and food. How to analyze and discuss a good bottle of wine. After the class, A French Feast awaits you : French meal and French wines!
Enrollment and enquiries:
Come to Alliance française de Taiwan to register and proceed to payment.
Call us (02) 2364-8833 or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org